You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
- Your car make, model, and year are taken into consideration when quoting you a price. The kind of car you have determines its value, safety features, and how much it would cost to repair damages.
- How you drive your car in addition to the number of kilometers you drive every year, including daily commute and business use.
- Your driving record, which includes things like the number of years you've all been licensed for, speeding tickets, and accidents.
- The area in which you live affects premiums – whether it's Toronto, Mississauga, or Bolton.
- The coverage and add-ons you choose might cost more but can provide you with additional benefits that could save you money in the event of an accident.
- We offer ways to save with preferred rates for professionals and alumni being one of the ways. Check out the section below for more information on how to save on your insurance.
- Insure all your cars with us so you can make the most of our multi-vehicle discount.
- Insure both your car and home with us so that you qualify for a multi-line discount.
- Increase your deductible – insurance is really meant to cover you for damages you could never afford on your own. If you can afford a $1,000 repair job, then raise your deductible to $1,000 and pay less for your insurance.
- Think about removing collision coverage if you drive an older car. This means weighing the cost of collision coverage with the value of your car and chosen deductibles.
- Maintain a great driving record – the safer you drive, the more you could save. By downloading and using the TD MyAdvantage app, which collects and analyzes your driving data, you could save up to an additional 25% on your premium!
- Consider driving a "low-risk" vehicle. Insurance premiums are based on previous claim history, so the more likely the vehicle is to be stolen or in an accident, the more you'll pay for insurance.
- If you’re a new driver, take a driver's training course.
- Have an approved, factory-installed anti-theft device installed in your car. We will automatically take this into account when deciding your premium. You would have to opt to have this installed after you get your car, though.
Let us be there for you when you need it most. With the TD Insurance Mobile App, you'll receive step-by-step guidance through the claims process, be able to take photographs, and track the status of your claim.
To be eligible for auto insurance, you (and all the drivers you wish to include in the policy) must have a valid driver's license. Insurance companies will look at your prior driving record to determine eligibility and rates. Other eligibility restrictions may arise from past convictions. This too will vary depending on when your last conviction occurred and the nature of the conviction.
Other insurance conditions may arise depending on the type of vehicle, its use, and any customizations or modifications made to the vehicle. For example, if you've altered your vehicle to enhance its performance or appearance, most insurance companies would need to assess the vehicle to determine if they could insure it. If you plan on modifying your vehicle, call us first! We will let you know if the changes you plan on making could have an impact on your policy and your premiums.
If you're looking for an auto insurance quote in Ontario, you can get one by using our online quoter. It's fast and will provide you with a personalized quote in a few minutes. As a resident of Ontario, you will even get 5% off eligible coverage† automatically when using our online quoter for a car insurance quote. These are some of the steps involved in getting a car insurance quote from us.
Step 1: Enter your information. This includes details about the vehicle(s) and driver(s) that are to be included on the policy. You may be eligible for certain discounts based on the information you provide.
Step 2: Select group affiliations. You can select up to three eligible alumni, employer, and professional associations to get the best preferred rate for you and save even more!
Step 3: Review quote summary. You can review your quote or modify coverage, if needed. The quote will also be emailed to you. The emailed quote will be valid for 45 days, if the driver and vehicle information you provided, and the coverage options you selected remain unchanged.
Step 4: Make the call! When you're ready, let us call you or you call us to complete your purchase.
Step 5: Email confirmation. Receive immediate email confirmation of your policy, along with temporary proof of insurance.
Keep in mind that the minimum car insurance coverage required is determined by the Government of Ontario and that may differ from Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Alberta. Premiums may also vary depending on the area in which you reside.