Get rewarded for being claims free.
We want to reward you with 35% off your car insurance.
If you have been claims free for over a year, you can start saving now. The longer you’re claims-free, the more savings you’ll receive. You’ll get the most out of your savings on your car insurance when you reach the maximum number of consecutive claims-free years applicable to your province.
How it works
The Claims Free Reward is our way of recognizing your claims-free history by giving you savings on your car insurance.
All TD Insurance car policies are eligible to receive these savings. That means you could save up to 35% on your car insurance.
Thinking about switching to TD Insurance? Don't worry, you'll get savings based on claims-free years with your previous insurer!
Learn how you can qualify to start saving
Discover how you can be eligible to start saving on your car insurance with the Claims Free Reward.
- If you're new to TD Insurance and haven't had any at-fault accidents in the past year you will automatically start benefitting for being claims-free. If you're an existing customer and have an at-fault accident, you will start benefiting from the Claims Free Reward one year after your renewal.
- The reward increases the longer you remain free of any at-fault accidents ‒ reaching a maximum after 10 years.
When an at-fault accident occurs but is forgiven with our Accident Forgiveness coverage, you'll continue to benefit from your Claims Free Reward.
What affects my savings
How much you can save on your car insurance will vary based on:
- The number of years each driver has been free of any at-fault accidents
- How many at-fault accidents each driver has had
- Whether drivers on the policy qualify for the Driver’s Excellence Discount*
Tips to help avoid an accident
Here are a few preventative steps that might help prevent an accident from occurring
- Get snow tires installed on your vehicle when the weather dips below 7 °C
- Make sure your vehicle receives regular maintenance including oil changes, tune ups, and inspections
- Practice cautious driving at all times, but especially when driving conditions are slippery
- Use a backup camera to check your surroundings when driving in reverse
- Be sure to check your blind spots when changing lanes
The content on this page is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Coverages described herein may be subject to additional eligibility criteria, limitations and exclusions. In the event you make a claim, potential indemnification is also subject to the receivability of the claim and the type of coverage you bought.
In the case of conflict between the content on this page and your policy wordings, your policy wordings shall take precedence. Please speak to an Advisor or consult your policy wordings for further details.
As of June 24, 2022, our customers (with insurance policies underwritten by either Security National Insurance Company, Primmum Insurance Company, TD General Insurance Company and TD Home And Auto Insurance Company) who insure their car with us and who meet the claims-free savings criteria applicable to their province or region with regard to the number of years spent claims-free, save an average of:
35%, in Ontario
20%, in Quebec
20%, in Alberta, Yukon, Nunavut and North West Territories
30%, in the Atlantic Provinces
when compared to the premium they would have paid if, within the previous 12 months, they made a claim that would have negatively affected their premium. These claims vary by province and product. Savings are not guaranteed and vary based on the customer's profile, province/region and product.
*Eligibility for Drivers Excellence Discount is based on the number of at-fault accidents, suspensions and convictions and number of years licensed. Only applicable in select regions including: Ontario, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
TD Insurance (Corporate Secretariat)
50, Place Crémazie
Montreal (Quebec) H2P 1B6