Learn about your coverage
Your basic home insurance covers certain types of water damage. Since every property is different, you may also choose to customize your insurance by purchasing additional coverage.
Coverage by region
Need information about coverage in your region?
Find out what’s covered and what’s not, and how to customize your coverage.
What your basic policy covers
As part of your basic home insurance, you’re covered if water damage to your property is the result of:
- Heating system rupture
- Plumbing system rupture
- Sprinkling system rupture
- Air conditioning system rupture
- Escape of water from a waterbed, aquarium or appliances
- Escape of water from a public watermain
Things to keep in mind:
- Water damage coverage does not cover floods.
- Insurance covers the result of water damage and not the source of the problem. For example, if your air conditioner leaks, you’ll be covered for the damage as the result of that leak and not the repair or replacement of the air conditioner.
- A deductible may apply.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails.