Water Damage Prevention
Even with Water Damage coverage, there are a few things you should consider. This checklist will help remind you of potential problems and some preventative measures you can take to avoid or control water damage.
- Are leaves or snow gathering in and around your eavestrough?
- Is water from the eavestrough draining away from your home?
- How old is your roof?
- Do the shingles sit flat, or do they curl?
Foundational and external factors
- Are doors, windows and wall penetrations effectively sealed?
- Has the grade of your house settled?
- Is your foundation in good condition?
- Is your leaching bed or storm sewer backed up?
Pipes, plumbing, and fixtures
- Are the seals around bathroom and kitchen fixtures in good repair?
- Do you know where the water shut off valves are?
- Is your dishwasher leaking?
- Does your washing machine have hot and cold rubber hoses?
- How old is your water heater?
- Is there rust or corrosion on your plumbing pipes or fixtures?
- Is your residence prone to flooding?
- How do I stop water from flowing back into the basement through the main floor drain?
- Does your basement have a sump pump?
Additional coverage options may be available. Please speak with an Advisor.