The most important thing you can do is keep a clean driving record. That means following the rules of the road to avoid getting any speeding or traffic tickets, license suspensions, or getting into any accidents. These types of incidents impact your record and can cause your premium to increase.
It may also be worth looking into the discounts or savings being offered by your insurer. At TD Insurance, we offer numerous ways to save on your car insurance premiums. Just to name a few, we offer savings for:
- Those progressing from a G2 license to a G license (Ontario only, conditions apply).
- Being accident-free for a specified amount of time (province dependent) through our Claims Free Reward.
- Enrolling in TD MyAdvantage – a voluntary usage-based program, available in Ontario and Quebec
- Multi-product and/or multi-vehicle discounts.
- Savings for quoting and/or purchasing your auto insurance online (province dependent).
- Occasional drivers living away from home and studying full-time at school (conditions apply).
For more savings, check out the list of car insurance discounts offered by TD Insurance.
If you're an existing TD Insurance customer and would like to manage your current policy, you can do so by logging in to MyInsurance anytime, anywhere. If, however, you're not yet insured with us and your current car insurance premium is higher than you'd like, get a quote in minutes to see how you much you could save when you switch to TD Insurance.