Accident Forgiveness for Motorcycles
Are you concerned that an accident could drive up your insurance costs? Add this affordable coverage, so your insurance rates don’t increase if you have an at-fault or partially at-fault accident.
How the coverage works
If you’ve been accident-free for the last 6 years, we’ll “forgive” you for your first at fault accident. This means that when you renew your policy with us, your rates won’t be adjusted based on that accident. It’s a great way to reward yourself for your excellent driving record.
- You must have a motorcycle insurance policy with us and satisfy its conditions.
- You have been licensed and accident-free for the preceding 6 years.
- All other listed drivers must be free of at-fault accidents for the preceding 6 years or for time licensed
- Keep in mind that our coverage is for personal motorcycle use only.
- If you change your motorcycle, this won’t affect your eligibility.
- You must reside in Ontario.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances.
The information and examples provided in this section are intended as general information only. This does not constitute legal or insurance advice, nor does it pertain to determination of fault. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance professional before acting. Your insurance policy contains limitations and restrictions which vary by province and may affect your coverage and/or determine whether or not benefits will be payable.