Travel Medical Insurance Claims – Medical Attention Needed
I am on a trip and need medical attention.
Needing medical attention while away on a trip can be very stressful. Let us guide you through the claim process and make it easier for you.
For complete terms and conditions, including limitations and exclusions, please refer to your Travel Medical Certificate of Insurance
Start the claim process
- Emergency Travel Assistance is available 24/7 by calling 1-800-359-6704 toll-free from Canada or the U.S., or from other countries by calling collect 416-977-5040. Call our Administrator immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Claims for Medical Emergency benefits (defined in your Certificate of Insurance) must be reported immediately.
- A medical emergency must be reported to our Administrator within 48 hours of admission to hospital, or as soon as reasonably possible. Medical benefits must be approved in advance by our Administrator. If advance approval is not obtained, no benefit will be payable for that expense.
- Our Administrator can direct you to the nearest medical facility, arrange for direct payment to the provider of medical services, and assist in managing the emergency from the initial report through to its conclusion.
- If direct guarantee of payment is not possible, you may be asked to pay for services and submit a claim for reimbursement. To obtain a claim form, please contact our Administrator.
Complete the claim form
Once you call, you will be mailed a claim form within 2-5 business days.
The following information should be included along with your completed claim form:
- proof of relationship for claimant (if not yourself)
- original medical bills and prescriptions
- photocopy of the claimant’s health card
- documentation confirming your departure and return dates
- proof of payment for any expenses that were self paid
Return the claim form to our Adminstrator:
TD Canada Trust Travel Medical Insurance
Allianz Global Assistance
P.O. Box 277
Waterloo, ON N2J 4A4
We recommend that you keep a copy of all the forms and supporting documents for future reference.
Assessment of your claim
You may be contacted for additional information that may be necessary to assess your claim.
Decision/status of your claim
You will be advised of a decision regarding your claim by mail.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your claim, please call