The TD Insurance Savings Commitment
Feel confident you're saving every dollar possible
What’s the TD Insurance Savings Commitment™? It means that at TD Insurance we'll work with you to find all the ways you could save on your insurance. You might already be doing things that can save you money, like having a connected burglar or fire alarm in your home or driving a hybrid or electric car. And if you have a U.S. dollar bank account from TD Canada Trust or a deposit account with TD Bank America's Most Convenient Bank®, you may be eligible for savings on your Travel Medical Insurance premiums4.
Call us today to learn more about how you can save.
Already have a TD Insurance policy? Speak to a TD Insurance Advisor today if you have experienced changes in your life or undergone a significant life event, like if you've purchased a new car, made upgrades to your home, or plan to start a family.
Home Security Savings
Install a connected burglar or fire alarm system in your home
Green Car Discount†
Drive an IBC recognized hybrid or electric vehicle.
Alumni & Professional Preferred Rates
We offer preferred rates to over 750 groups
Home & Car Bundle
Combine your home and car insurance to save.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount : Insure two or more vehicles.
- Winter Tire Discount : Drive with 4 winter tires from December to March.
- Driver's Excellence Discount‡ : Maintain a clean claims record for 10+ years.
- Home Security Savings: Get additional savings for a connected water alarm system
- Mortgage Free Savings : Your home is free of a mortgage or secured line of credit.
- Multi-Home Savings : If you're getting insurance for multiple homes, you can save
- Newly Built Home Savings : If your home is newly built, you can get even more savings on insurance.
- Save with a U.S. dollar account : You could save 10% off your premium on Travel Medical Insurance if you have a U.S. dollar bank account from TD Canada Trust or with a deposit account with TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®. 4
- Life Insurance5 : You could save 10% on eligible TD Term Life Insurance premiums if you are a TD Insurance Home or Auto customer or a TD Wealth client.
A TD Insurance Advisor will be able to provide more information on conditions and eligibility criteria.
Call 1-833-834-7283 to see how you can save.
Ask us about the TD Insurance Savings Commitment
Car & Home Insurance
Monday - Friday 8AM to 8PM EST and Saturday 9AM to 4PM EST
Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 10:00PM EST and Saturday 9AM to 6PM EST
Additional exclusions and conditions apply. Speak to a TD Insurance advisor for details.
§Savings apply to premiums charged for base contract and the following endorsements: Above Ground Water, Extended Water Damage and Fuel Overflow or Escape.
†The Green Car Discount is also known as the Green Wheel/Hybrid Discount.
‡Eligibility for Drivers Excellence Discount is based on the number of at-fault accidents, suspensions and convictions and number of years licensed.
4Cannot be combined with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Application subject to approval. TD Travel Medical Insurance is a group insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company and designed exclusively for clients of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
5TD Term Life Insurance is an individual life insurance plan underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Not available to residents of the province of Quebec. Some restrictions may apply. Application subject to approval. See Insurance Policy for coverage details, including limitations and exclusions.
6The 10% premium savings is available to eligible applicants who apply for a new TD 10-Year or 20-Year Term Life Insurance policy. Cannot be combined with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time.
7Nationally, 90% of all of our clients who belong to a professional or alumni (underwritten by SECURITY NATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY) that have an agreement with us and who insure a home (excluding rentals and condos) and a car on January 31, 2020 saved $565 when compared to the premiums they would have paid without the preferred insurance rate for groups and the multi-product discount. Savings are not guaranteed and may vary based on the client's profile. Savings vary in each province or region and may be higher or lower than $565, as further particularized below in the following list:
• Atlantic - could save $420 or more
• Quebec - could save $515 or more
• Ontario - could save $560 or more
• Alberta - could save $775 or more
• Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut - could save $570 or more
• Due to Provincial legislation, auto insurance is not available in British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan
National – Home and Car – Percentage
8Nationally, the 691 new TD Insurance customers who were surveyed between May 7th, 2020 – May 20th, 2020, and October 8th, 2020 – October 18th, 2020, who reported their annual home and car insurance premiums paid to their previous insurance provider and who reported their annual home and car insurance premiums payable to TD Insurance upon switching both their home and car insurance policies, reported an average annual premium savings of approximately 24%. The survey sample consisted of new customers who switched both their home and car insurance policies to TD Insurance between September 2019 to August 2020, was conducted with a 95% confidence interval and produced a 4% margin of error. Savings amounts are not guaranteed; actual annual premium savings obtained nationally from switching both home and car insurance policies to TD Insurance varies based on each customer's individual insurance profile and province of residence. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all offers. Please visit https://www.tdinsurance.com/products-services/switch-and-save/ for more details.
*In Ontario, discount will be applied to each of Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Accident Benefits Uninsured Automobile, Direct Compensation – Property Damage, All Perils, Collision, Comprehensive, Specified Perils, and the Family Protection endorsement. For all policies that receive this Digital Discount, the 5% discount will continue to be applicable upon their renewal.
TD Insurance (Corporate Secretariat)
50, Place Crémazie
Montreal (Quebec) H2P 1B6