Enhanced and Special Coverage for Alberta
Choose one of these options for beyond-the-minimum protection for your car.
Protects your vehicle from specified perils such as losses caused by fire, floods, hail or theft.
All other insured damage caused to your vehicle (except collision or upset).
Collision or Upset
Damage to your vehicle caused by a traffic collision with another vehicle or object.
The broadest level of coverage — combines Collision or Upset and Comprehensive coverage along with increased theft protection.
With Accident Forgiveness, your car insurance rates won’t go up if you have an at-fault or partially-at-fault accident.**
Uninterrupted Driving Coverage
With Grand Touring, travel worry free within Canada and the U.S. because you’re covered for rental car insurance, a temporary rental car, and even towing.
Replacement value for total loss
With Replacement Cost, get the replacement value of your car if it is lost due to theft or extreme damage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Alberta?
Well, that depends on a few things. We look at several key factors when calculating your insurance premium (and so do other insurance companies):
- Your car make, model, and year are taken into consideration when quoting you a price. The kind of car you have determines its value, safety features, and how much it would cost to repair damages.
- How you drive your car in addition to the number of kilometers you drive every year, including daily commute and business use.
- Your driving record, which includes things like the number of years you've all been licensed for, speeding tickets, and accidents.
- The area in which you live affects premiums – whether it's Edmonton, Calgary, or another city.
- The coverage and add-ons you choose might cost more but can provide you with additional benefits that could save you money in the event of an accident.
- We offer ways to save with preferred rates for professionals and alumni being one of the ways. Refer to the section below to find all the ways you can save on your insurance.
Ways you can save
How Do I Save On Car Insurance in Alberta?
File a Claim Right from Your Phone!
Let us be there for you when you need it most. With the TD Insurance Mobile App, you'll receive step-by-step guidance through the claims process, be able to take photographs, and track the status of your claim.
How Does Car Insurance Work in Alberta?
Once you've decided on the right kind of coverage and deductible amounts with your insurance provider, you will pay for an insurance premium. This will provide you financial protection against physical damage or bodily injury that can happen from traffic collisions. It can also cover liability costs if you ever injure someone else or their property in a car accident. With enhanced and special coverage options, you can explore ways to add extra protection also.
Car Insurance Eligibility and Restrictions
To be eligible for car insurance, you (and all drivers you wish to include in the policy) must have a valid driver's license. Insurance companies will look at your prior driving record to determine eligibility and rates. Other eligibility restrictions may arise from past convictions. This too will vary depending on when your last conviction occurred and the nature of the conviction.
Other insurance conditions may arise depending on the type of vehicle, its use, and any customizations or modifications made to the vehicle. For example, if you've altered your vehicle to enhance its performance or appearance, most insurance companies would need to assess the vehicle to determine if they could insure it. If you plan on modifying your vehicle, call us first! We will let you know if the changes you plan on making could have an impact on your policy and your premiums.