Summary of Provisions
The Certificate of Insurance that you will receive once you have enrolled contains the complete terms and conditions of your coverage.
Who is eligible?
- TD Bank Financial Group customers aged 18 to 65 who are Canadian residents.
- You, Your Spouse, and Your Dependent Children are eligible for the Accidental Death Plan as described below.
Acceptance guaranteed. No medical required to obtain coverage.
Every TD Bank Financial Group customer aged 18 to 65 who enrolls will be accepted - regardless of health or occupation. There are no medical questions or a physical examination required because this plan covers accidents only. Coverage terminates at age 75.
Accidental Death coverage is in force 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Death benefit payable upon an eligible accident will be $25,000 to $250,000, depending on the amount of coverage that you have chosen. Benefits are reduced by 50% at age 70.
Common Carrier Benefit
Upon the eligible accidental death of an insured, the beneficiary will receive a lump sum payment of two times the face amount of the policy. Common Carrier coverage is limited to a benefit payment of one life per certificate. There is no Common Carrier Benefit for Dependent Children.
Anniversary Bonus Benefit
A 1% bonus will be added to your coverage annually on your policy anniversary date. Your face amount of coverage will be increased by an amount equal to 1% of your original face amount at issue. This increase occurs annually on your policy anniversary date.
For example, if you purchase $25,000 in coverage, then at the first anniversary of the Certificate, your Base Accidental Death Coverage Amount will increase to $25,250. On the second anniversary, the Base Coverage Amount will increase to $25,500.
Hospital Indemnity Benefit
Hospital Cash Protection daily benefits shall be paid from the first day of each period of Hospitalization for a maximum of 365 days ($18,250 per covered Primary and Spouse, $9,125 per covered Dependent Child.). The maximum amount paid under the Hospital Cash Protection Benefit for an Insured Person is calculated by multiplying the Daily Hospital Cash Protection Benefit amount for that Insured Person by 365 days.
Your monthly premium rates
Premiums are guaranteed to remain the same until age 75 when coverage ends.
Optional Dependant Child Coverage
30-Day Free Look
If you are not completely satisfied with your coverage, you can return the policy to TD Life within 30 days of receiving it and any premiums paid will be promptly refunded.
Any loss caused or contributed to by an illness or sickness shall not be considered to be caused directly by an Accident independently of other causes and no benefits will be paid.
No benefits shall be paid if any loss or period of Hospitalization is caused by or results from events transpiring during the commission by the Insured Person, or an attempted commission, of a criminal offence (including driving a motor vehicle while legally intoxicated).
In addition, no benefits shall be paid if any loss or period of Hospitalization is caused by or results from any one or more of the following:
- Suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury
- Bodily or mental infirmity or disease of any kind, including but not limited to stress and diabetes
- Medical or surgical treatment or complications arising therefrom, except when required as a direct result of an accidental and external bodily injury
- Infection, unless the infection occurs as a direct result of an accident and external bodily injury
- War, declared or undeclared or any act thereof
- Participation in professional sports, any speed contest, SCUBA diving unless you hold a basic SCUBA designation from a certified school, parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, or skydiving
- Air travel as a pilot or crew member of any conveyance used for aerial navigation
- Resulting from the use of illegal or illicit drugs or substances, or misuse of medication obtained with or without a prescription
The Insured may name their own beneficiary(ies). You will be able to indicate your choice of beneficiary on the Beneficiary Form that will be included with your Certificate of Insurance once you have enrolled. Your Spouse's beneficiary is You. Unless changed by the Insured, the beneficiary shall be the Insured's estate.
Coverage (Principal Sum and Daily Benefit) is reduced by 50% at age 70, and ceases at age 75.
Definitions in this document
"You" refers to a TD Bank Financial Group customer who is aged 18 to 64 and named in the enrollment process.
"Your Spouse" refers to any person to whom You are lawfully married or Your designated partner who has lived with You for at least two years and is publicly presented as Your husband or wife.
"Your Dependent Children" refers to any natural child, stepchild, or legally adopted child of Yours residing in Canada who is:
- under 22 years of age, unmarried, and receives full support and maintenance from You, or
- 22 years of age but less than 25 years of age, unmarried, and receives full support and maintenance from You for reason of full-time attendance at an accredited institute, college or university in Canada, or
- receives full support and maintenance from You by reason of mental or physical infirmity.
Notwithstanding the above limitations, the definition shall also include a child of Your Spouse who is in the care, custody and control of You and living in a parent-child relationship with You.
"We" or "Us" refers to TD Life Insurance Company, a life insurance company, wholly-owned by The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Terms and Conditions
For the full terms and conditions of the Accidental Death Insurance Plan Plus, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance, which will be sent to you if an application which you have submitted is accepted by TD Life Insurance Company (TD Life), a member of TD Bank Financial Group. In the event of a conflict, the Certificate of Insurance will govern.
Get Free Quotes and apply today. Call 1-888-788-0839.
What is Accidental Death Insurance?
How does the exclusive Anniversary Bonus work?