TD Insurance wants to help you find the option that best fits your needs, which is why we offer policy options that feature All Perils coverage, so you won’t be forced to choose between All Perils and Specified Perils insurance when making the decision that works for you. Our advisors are always happy to answer your questions and explain the details of our policies, so don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call if you would like more information.
Here’s what else you should consider when choosing a policy.
- If you have any high-value items, consider buying specific coverage for those items. Things like memorabilia and art are sometimes overlooked or not covered by a policy. It’s also a good strategy to make sure the payout for high-value items isn’t capped by a maximum payout.
- A good portion of policies have a deductible, which is the amount you agree to pay toward the total cost of a claim.
- Some items (like jewellery and bicycles) have unique conditions that have to be met to receive the maximum amount that will be paid out. We recommend checking these special limits to ensure they meet your needs.
- Your deductible could be a factor in deciding if you want to pursue a claim. For example, if your fancy new 4K TV was stolen in a home burglary, the amount you pay for the deductible could be more than paying out of pocket for replacement costs.
- Most policies offer new for old coverage, meaning if you replace an item, you get the full replacement cost.
Your coverage can come in handy in more ways than you might expect. All contents insurance policies include coverage for these common perils with a few category-specific exceptions:
- Electrical current
- Falling object
- Smoke damage
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Water damage
- Wind and hail
TD Insurance is here and ready to help you find the coverage option that fits your lifestyle.