Vacation Tips For Parents Travelling With Kids
There’s so much for families to enjoy when a vacation comes around. But as any parent can tell you, going on a holiday is not without its challenges. That’s why we made this guide full of helpful tips for parents planning their next holiday adventure.
Pack Like A Pro
A little prep goes a long way. Take some time to make sure you have your everyday essentials (like prescriptions) packed for the journey ahead. Consider having your kids carry some of their own essentials, too; that way they can have them at the ready whenever they need them
Knowing what you need ahead of time can stop you from dealing with the stress of overpacking and having to lug around unnecessary cargo. It also frees up space if you want to bring a memento or two back.
What You Should Have Organized Before Departing
Travel can sometimes feel a bit “hurry up and wait."
A little prep makes things simpler. Here are some easy things you can do to organize effectively for your holiday:
- Book your tickets for transportation, accommodations and attractions in advance to avoid lineups, sell-outs and other unwanted disappointments.
- Make a schedule/itinerary ahead of time so you know when and where to be, so you can get to places and activities comfortably.
- Look into backup activities to have as an option in case your original plans fall through..
- Carry your kids’ ID and necessary documents so you have access to them when or if they’re needed
- It doesn’t matter where you are, kids aren’t immune to getting restless when things feel a bit boring. If you have activities or items available that can keep them entertained in places with no Wi-Fi or TV, you’ll be less likely to dread delays or rainy days.
Remember The Travel Part Of Your Travel Plan
Vacations are exciting, so why not study up on what’s awaiting you? A little bit of advance planning can help you know if there’s an ideal time to visit a destination and what portions of your trip are good for having mini-breaks to recharge. If you’re heading abroad, this is also a fantastic time to learn about the culture you’re visiting. Get more information about the location you’ll be in and practice phrases you might need to communicate in the spoken language of the region.
Get On The Same Page
When you’re travelling as a group, it’s important to know what everyone’s expectations are ahead of time. There’s plenty of time ahead of a trip to explain to your children what your expectations are and be crystal clear about what they should do to stay safe in these new environments.
Enjoy Coverage That’s Ready For Adventure
Travel insurance is an excellent complement to any vacation plan. It lets you focus on your vacation instead of worrying about “what if?” scenarios. TD Insurance has a number of coverage options designed to fit your travel needs.
- Per Trip Plan1: This coverage option provides insurance coverage for a trip lasting up to 212 days2.
- Annual Plan3: Enjoy coverage for an unlimited number of trips of up to 9, 17, 30 or 60 days for an entire year.
- (55+ Extended Stay Plan),sup>4: This policy provides comprehensive coverage that includes protection for stable pre-existing conditions and is available for clients aged 55 and older.
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance5: This insurance option allows you to recover eligible trip expenses if illness, injury, flight delays or other qualified hazards impact your vacation..
Here’s your next step for getting TD Travel Insurance. Learn more about what TD Travel Insurance can offer you6 by visiting here.