Life and Health Insurance Claims - Mortgage, Loan and Line of Credit Life Insurance
I am in charge of the estate of someone who had life insurance on a Mortgage, Loan or Line of Credit with TD Canada Trust. What now?
We will guide you through the claims process, and make it easy for you every step of the way. Here’s what to do:
Contact us to make a claim
There are several ways we can help you obtain the right claims forms. Be sure to have your product number handy.
Complete the forms
- Get a TD Canada Trust branch representative to complete the form entitled “Claim for Group Creditor Life Insurance”.
- Complete the “Claimant’s Statement for Group Creditor Life Insurance”
- Complete Section 1 of the Attending Physician’s Statement and have the attending physician complete Section 2 of the Attending Physician Statement – Proof of death.
- Provide the name and address of the deceased’s family physician, if the form is completed by a different physician.
- Be sure to:
- Sign and date all entries
- Include your phone number
- Complete and sign the authorization at the bottom of the form
Return the claim forms to us
Retain a copy of the forms and send the originals. You have 2 options on how to submit the forms:
- Mail the completed forms to
TD Life Insurance Company
PO Box 1
Toronto, ON M5K 1A2 Canada. or,
- Bring the original forms to a TD Canada Trust branch. The branch representative will send the completed package by courier to TD Life Insurance.
Note: We will acknowledge receipt of your claim in writing.
Settlement process starts
In certain circumstances, during the settlement process, we may reach out to you or to the deceased’s physician to request additional information.
Settlement is confirmed
We will contact you in writing to let you know if your claim has been approved and what the next steps are.