Life and Health Insurance Claims – Disability Insurance on a Loan
I have disability insurance on a loan with TD Canada Trust and I am unable to work due to a medical condition or accident. What do I do?
We are here to help you through the process of making a claim on your disability insurance. Here are the steps to take.
Contact us to make a claim
There are several ways you can get in touch with us. Have your product number handy when you do.
- Download and print the Disability Insurance Claim form
- Visit the nearest TD Canada Trust branch and request the appropriate claim forms.
Contact our toll free line at
Complete the forms
- Get a TD Canada Trust branch representative to complete the form entitled “Claim for Group Creditor Disability Insurance”
- Complete the “Claimant’s Statement for Group Creditor Disability Insurance”
- Complete Section 1 of the “Attending Physician’s Statement of Disability” and have your attending physician complete Section 2.
- Be sure to:
- Date and sign all entries
- Include your phone number
- Complete and sign the authorization at the bottom of the form
- Retain a copy for your records
Return the claim forms to us
Retain a copy of the forms and send the originals. You have 2 options on how to submit the forms:
- Mail the completed forms to
TD Life Insurance Company
PO Box 1
Toronto, ON M5K 1A2 Canada. or,
- Bring the original forms to a TD Canada Trust branch. The branch representative will send the completed package by courier to TD Life Insurance.
Note: We will acknowledge receipt of your claim in writing.
Settlement process starts
In certain circumstances, during the settlement process, we may reach out to you or to your physician to request additional information.
Settlement is confirmed
We will contact you in writing to let you know if your claim has been approved and what the next steps are.