TD Insurance COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Affinity Travel Insurance Information
We appreciate your patience as we work through unprecedented high call volumes. If you are eligible for travel insurance benefits, any delay to speak with an agent in order to file your claim will not impact your coverage. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
What if I have Travel Medical Insurance and I am travelling to countries affected by COVID-19?
Your Policy has specific exclusions related to emergency Travel Medical Insurance if you are travelling to a country or region that Canadians have been instructed to avoid all non-essential travel to. That means that while this non-essential travel advisory remains in place, you will not be covered for any claim if you contract the Coronavirus.
An updated list of Travel Advisories can be found here.
Who do I contact to discuss my travel insurance coverage?
For any questions about your coverage, you can call our Administrator 24 hours a day/7 days a week:
- If you purchased or renewed your policy prior to November 16th, 2020 (if your policy starts with 000), please contact RSA’s existing administrator, Global Excel, to report a claim:
- If you purchased your policy after November 16th, 2020 (if your policy starts with WHS or MMI), please contact Global Excel to report a claim:
General questions regarding COVID-19
For non-urgent enquiries about COVID-19:
please email Global Excel at TDI.Claims@GlobalExcel.com
For urgent enquiries about COVID-19:
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption:
Given the Official Global Travel Advisory issued by the Government of Canada on March 13, 2020, Canadians have been instructed to avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice. This means that you are not eligible for Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption coverage due to COVID-19 if you:
- book a trip to a destination, after the "avoid non-essential" or "avoid all" travel advisory issued by the Government of Canada is in effect for that destination
- purchase TD Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance for a destination, after the "avoid non-essential" or "avoid all" travel advisory issued by the Government of Canada is in effect for that destination.
How do I make a Trip Cancellation claim due to COVID-19?
For Trip Cancellation claims related to COVID-19 we recommend you follow the steps below. You can also follow the normal process by visiting our website here.
- Contact your airline or travel provider and enquire about a refund, travel credit or if you can rebook your travel for a later date. If they do not provide you with a refund or travel credit ask for proof that they are not providing you that refund. If they provide you with a partial refund, ask for proof that they provided you with the partial refund or credit.
- How to initiate and confirm status of your claim?
Visit our Online Claims Portal.
Call our administrator at 1-833-962-1140 toll free from Canada or the U.S. or from other countries by calling collect at +1 519-988-7692.
Once you call, a claim form will be sent to you via email or mail.