Protect your property below ground with additional water damage coverage for sewer storm and drain back-up or sump pump overflow.
This coverage is designed to help protect you in the event of damage resulting from:
- Sudden and accidental discharge, backing up or overflow from your sewers or sewer connections (such as, sump pumps, septic tanks, leaching beds or other septic systems for wastewater).
You are eligible if:
- You have a home insurance policy with us.
- Your home is not located in a high-risk zone.
- For other risk zones, number of sewer back-up events will be reviewed against our underwriting eligibility criteria.
- Your building is not under construction, vacant, or has not been unoccupied for the past 6 months or more.
- You reside in Quebec.
Except as indicated above, our policies and water damage endorsements do not cover damage resulting from flood.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, the wording in your insurance policy will prevail. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances.
The information and examples provided in this section are intended as general information only. This does not constitute legal or insurance advice. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting. Your insurance policy contains limitations and restrictions which vary by province and may affect your coverage and/or determine whether or not benefits will be payable.