- An extra safeguard on the road
- For travel far and near
- Scope of coverage
- Clear benefits
- On-road travel only
- Available in most locations
An extra safeguard on the road
How does Grand Touring Advantage® work? Grand Touring Advantage is a bundle added to your auto insurance policy which includes:
- Loss of use
- Damage to non-owned automobile
- Emergency road service expenses
- Waiver of deductible
It offers several advantages:
- If you’re involved in an accident, or your car is vandalized or stolen, you may benefit from up to $1,500 of coverage for the rental of a replacement vehicle.
- You and anybody insured under your policy may also be covered for up to
- $50,000 for damage to a rented car, anywhere in Canada and in the U.S. In other cases where you are using a car that you do not own, call us to find out if you are covered.
- If you are away from home when an accident happens, additional travel expenses, such as meals and accommodations, may be covered for up to $750.
- Your deductible may also be waived up to $500 in the event of a total loss or a hit-and-run, as long as it is reported to the police within 24 hours.
For travel far and near
I know that Grand Touring Advantage provides ideal coverage for long distances. Can I get this coverage if I only use my vehicle for short distances?
Grand Touring Advantage is beneficial even if you aren’t travelling, as it provides coverage for rental cars, even for short distances.
The coverage for a rental car will apply within Canada and the United States.
In other cases where you are using a car that you do not own, call us to find out if you are covered.
Scope of coverage
With Grand Touring Advantage, are there dollar limits to coverage for such things as emergency road service, roadside assistance, temporary replacement of cars, hotel expenses and car rental?
Yes, Grand Touring Advantage sets limits, including:
Temporary vehicle replacement: If your car is stolen or damaged in an accident and requires extended repairs, you may receive up to $5,000 to rent a similar vehicle.
Rental cars: If you’ve rented an automobile for a business trip, or a mini-van for a family trip, you may receive up to $50,000 in protection for damage to the rented vehicle.
Will my premium cost more with Grand Touring Advantage? And if it does, where’s the advantage in buying it?
The cost of Grand Touring Advantage will be added to your policy premium. It is advantageous in that the various elements included in this bundle would cost more if purchased individually.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances.
The information and examples provided in this section are intended as general information only. This does not constitute legal or insurance advice, nor does it pertain to determination of fault. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting. Your insurance policy contains limitations and restrictions which vary by province and may affect your coverage and/or determine whether or not benefits will be payable.