Get the same model as the one you bought.
A new vehicle is a big investment, so you want to be sure that you won’t lose out if you fall victim to theft or have a serious accident. You car insurance can help!
Here’s how the coverage works.
This endorsement will allow you to obtain the same or a similar model of vehicle as the one you are currently driving if you find yourself in a situation where your vehicle is stolen or deemed a total loss within a period of up to 60 months from the original delivery date. If we are unable to put you in that specific vehicle, we will look at other vehicles that are considered equal in value, and have similar specifications and options.
If the vehicle is not replaced, we will pay the replacement value based on your endorsement.
Please note that the expiry date of the Replacement Cost Advantage product depends on the vehicle's delivery date and the date the policy takes effect.
The value of your vehicle must not exceed $65,000. This includes both taxes and accessories. You are not eligible if:
- There has been a loss due to theft or attempted theft in the past 3 years.
- Your vehicle is customized/modified
- There have been 2 at-fault losses in the past 3 years
- The principal operator has had his/her driver’s license suspended for a period of one year or more in the past 3 years)
- There have been 2 or more accidents in the past 3 or more years (excluding occasional break-ins) which result in repairs or replacements
- Your vehicle is a convertible
- The value of the vehicle exceeds $65,000.
Total loss? Not necessarily, thanks to your auto insurance.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances.
The information and examples provided in this section are intended as general information only. This does not constitute legal or insurance advice, nor does it pertain to determination of fault. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting. Your insurance policy contains limitations and restrictions which vary by province and may affect your coverage and/or determine whether or not benefits will be payable.