We're here for you when you need us the most
Updated as of May 1st, 2020
TD Insurance is working tirelessly to help ensure Canadians remain better protected and their insurance coverage is uninterrupted during this unprecedented time. Our dedicated teams are focused on ensuring insurance services continue to be accessible and flexible for you, when you need us most.
Financially impacted by COVID-19? We'll find a solution together.
For existing home and auto insurance customers
These are unprecedented times. Hard-working, responsible people are finding themselves sick, temporarily unemployed or unable to work due to family obligations. You have a lot on your mind, and we are here for you. Here’s how:
Auto Premium Reduction
- We understand that your driving habits may have changed, and you are driving for essential travel only. You could save, 15% off your premium payments for 3 months.1
- If you've made the above change prior to May 31st, 2020, we will automatically revert back any temporary changes to your policy after 3 months, without calling us back. If after 3 months, you continue to use your vehicle for essential travel only, please call us to review your policy.
- If you are no longer driving your vehicle, and you are safely storing it for the next 45 days, your monthly premium can be reduced on average by 75%2.
- If you've made the above change prior to May 31st, 2020, we will automatically revert back any temporary changes to your policy on July 16th, 2020 without calling us back. If after July 16th you continue to store your vehicle, please call us to review your policy.
Sign into MyInsurance to use Online Chat, send us a secure message or call us at 1-866-454-8910 to speak with us about your eligibility.
Payment Relief Measures
- Payment deferrals for up to 3 months
- Elimination of NSF penalties to cover your home and auto insurance payment through to July 8th, 2020. We will do this automatically, you do not need to call us. Please note any fees charged by your Financial Institution due to insufficient funds may still apply
- We will work with you to find a solution if we have cancelled your home and auto insurance due to non-payment
Coverage Relief Measures
Until July 8th, 2020, we're providing the below additional support for you, with no need for you to call us.
- You may also be using your home and vehicle differently:
- You may be using your vehicle for food deliveries, in which case your current auto insurance policy will provide coverage at no additional cost.
- If you are temporarily working from home, we will increase your current home coverage limit to $10,000 for losses of business-related property at no additional charge.
- For Canadians living part-time in the U.S. who have not been able to bring their vehicle back to Canada, coverage will be available until travel restrictions lift and you are able to bring your vehicle home (even if it's past July 8th).
- If you are not able to renew your driver's license due to provincial offices being closed, we will continue to protect you through your auto insurance. You do not need to call us. Once provincial offices reopen, we ask that you renew immediately.
Digital Options for Home and Auto Insurance.
We encourage you to use our online and mobile options to review policies, make changes and perform other helpful transactions.
MyInsurance for home and auto insurance is a secure online service for home and auto insurance that allows you to:
- Manage and review your home and car insurance policies anytime
- Get answers to commonly asked questions from our Info Centre
- Access step-by-step guides to help you through common claims situations
- Print your temporary proof of car insurance or pink card (valid for 30 days and can be reprinted)
- Contact us for further assistance
Steps to access MyInsurance for home and auto insurance: If you are not already registered, you can access MyInsurance on the TDInsurance.com website and create your account. You may use your existing EasyWeb or WebBroker credentials to create your new login for MyInsurance
How is TD Insurance protecting customers and colleagues from COVID-19?
The health and safety of our customers and colleagues is our top priority. We are actively monitoring and assessing the evolving health risks posed by COVID-19 and are closely following guidelines from public health organizations, government agencies and global health authorities.
To help keep customers, colleagues and communities safe, we have actively shifted as many colleagues as possible to work from home. Like many regulated and vital functions, it is essential that TD Insurance remain open, and some of our colleagues will continue to work from our Auto Centres and offices as a necessary function of their role for Canadians. With their health and safety top of mind, we have enhanced our support for them in a number of ways including, increased cleaning and disinfection, splitting teams between floors, and moving work stations to be 2 meters (6 feet) apart. Our TD Insurance Auto Centres are also offering accommodations to serve seniors, those who need extra assistance and individuals with greater health risk.
This continues to be an evolving situation and we will update this guidance as necessary.
If you temporarily close or change your hours of operation, how will I know?
Our contact centres remain open:
- For home and auto insurance, please contact us at: 1-866-454-8910
- For life insurance, please contact us at: 1-877-397-4188
Subject to guidelines from public health authorities, our appraisers, vendors and TD Insurance Auto Centres continue to be available to take care of your insurance claims.
- Please use our TD Insurance Auto Centre locator to find our updated hours of operation
- Please do not visit an Auto Centre if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate due to travel.
I have questions related to travel insurance or life insurance due to COVID-19.
We understand that planned vacations or trips may have been impacted as a result of travel advisories. If you have questions, please visit our travel insurance website for more information. If you have questions about our term life insurance please visit our website.