Travel Medical Insurance Claims – Trip Cancellation
I am about to take a trip and need to cancel for medical reasons.
We know how stressful it can be to cancel a trip due to medical reasons. Let us help guide you through the claim process.
For complete terms and conditions, including limitations and exclusions, please refer to your Travel Medical Certificate of Insurance.
Start the claim process
- Emergency Travel Assistance is available 24/7 by calling 1-800-359-6704 toll-free from Canada or the U.S., or from other countries by calling collect 416-977-5040. Call our Administrator immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- The amount payable under Trip Cancellation coverage is limited, so it’s important to cancel your plans promptly.
Complete the claim form
Once you call, you will be mailed a claim form within 2-5 business days.
The following information should be included along with your completed claim form:
- copy of an itemized (detailed) receipt/invoice showing the cost of your trip
- original tickets(s) or a copy of the refund statement from the travel supplier
- medical report from the treating physician indicating diagnosis and treatment
Return the claim form to our Administrator:
TD Canada Trust Travel Medical Insurance
Allianz Global Assistance
P.O. Box 277
Waterloo, ON N2J 4A4
We recommend that you keep a copy of all the forms and supporting documents for future reference.
Assessment of your claim
You may be contacted for additional information that may be necessary to assess your claim.
Decision/status of your claim
You will be advised of a decision regarding your claim by mail.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your claim, please call