A great option
You’re a freelancer or you run your business from the convenience of your home, so keeping your overhead low is a top priority. What you’re looking for is basic coverage for the absolute essentials such as equipment and premise liability. You also want to rest easy knowing that your computer equipment is covered even when you’re working away from your home. This endorsement is simply an add-on to your regular home insurance policy.
Here’s how it works.
This add-on to your home insurance policy provides:
- Overall coverage of $25,000 on all business property, such as computer equipment, books and documents.
- Up to $10,000 of coverage on laptops.
- Coverage that applies on and away from the premises. You are covered, for example, if your laptop is stolen while you are using it outside your home.
- Up to $5,000 to reimburse extra expenses following a covered loss in order to keep your business going. Say, for example, there is a fire in your home and you need to relocate your office for a few weeks; you rent some space temporarily and have a telephone line installed.
- Liability to cover third parties who are injured on your premises. You are covered, if, for example, a client who is attending a meeting at your home slips and falls on the stairs, or a courier delivering a package takes a tumble on your walkway.
- You run your business out of your primary residence.
- Your business activity meets our requirements (for example, you work as an accountant, a translator or a web programmer).
- You are covered by a home insurance policy, which provides protection for damages to your home and you meet all its conditions.
- You reside in Canada.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances
|Call for more information 1-866-361-2311|